National Investigation Agency Recruitment Notification 2018 Online Application Form
- For candidates education qualification details please go to official notification.
- 1. Candidates age limit should be Maximum 56 years.
- 2. Age Relaxation: – Candidates Relaxation as per on Government Rule Regulation.
National Investigation Agency Vacancy 2018 Notification Download
- 1. Notification Date:- 7th April 2018
- 2. Last Date for Submission of Application:- Two Months.
- For candidates fee details please go to official notification.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through the website nia.gov.in by Two Months or Click on the below How to Apply links.
For candidates selection process details go to official notification.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) is a central agency established by the Indian Government to combat terror in India.
It acts as the Central Counter Terrorism Law Enforcement Agency. The agency is empowered to deal with terror related crimes across states without special permission from the states.
The Agency came into existence with the enactment of the National Investigation Agency Act 2008 by the Parliament of India on 31 December 2008.
NIA was created after the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks as need for a central agency to combat terrorism was realised. The conviction rate of this anti-terrorism agency is currently 95 per cent as it has managed to convict 167 accused in the 185 cases registered by it since its inception.
The founding Director-General of NIA was Radha Vinod Raju, and he served till 31 January 2010. He was succeeded by Sharad Chandra Sinha till March 2013 when he was appointed the member of the National Human Rights Commission of India.
In July 2013, Sharad Kumar was appointed as the Chief of National Investigation Agency. In 2017, Y.C.Modi was named as Chief of NIA in September.