Prepare for AIIMS 2018- Important Topics for AIIMS 2018- Result 24 Jobs
Here is a list of a few important topics that will help you to prepare for AIIMS 2018- Result 24 Jobs
Biology: Systematics, Genetics, Cells, Ecology and Human Health & Diseases are especially important.
Chemistry: General Organic Chemistry (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT), Hydrocarbons, Equilibria, Bonding etc. Also, be very thorough with reactions of p-block elements.
Physics: Modern Physics, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Ray Optics etc.
Subject-wise Tips to prepare for AIIMS 2018
Now, let’s look at some subject-wise tips for AIIMS entrance Exam Preparation.
Tips for Physics
Physics is all about concepts, so it needs a lot of solving practical problems. It is important that you grasp the concepts well and apply them when solving the problems. You need to refer to NCERT books for understanding the basic concepts. You can study with the help of books from HC Verma and Aggarwal especially to increase the level of preparation. It is important to solve problems on a regular basis as that will help you absorb concepts and do well in the entrance exam.
Tips for Chemistry
Chemistry is a combination of numerous chemical equations, problems and concepts. It is crucial to mark important points while studying as that will be helpful during revision.
Tips for Biology
When it comes to Biology you need to remember many concepts and diagrams. You can check out some good books for clearing all the doubts so that it becomes easy to solve even the complex questions in the examination.
AIIMS MBBS EXAM 2017 Exam Pattern
- Total of 200 objective- type questions with multiple choices
- Physics: 60
- Chemistry: 60
- Biology (Botany and Zoology): 60
- General Knowledge: 20 Questions
Total Number of Seats in AIIMS
There is a tough competition every year for getting an admission into AIIMS as there are a limited number of seats. Note that all the seven AIIMS include a total of 700 seats.
· Three and half hours are given to students for completing the AIIMS MBBS Exam 2017
· Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark and every 3 wrong answers are awarded -1 mark. (-1/3 for every wrong answer)· If questions are not answered, then marks will not be allotted.
· The AIIMS MBBS Exam Booklet includes 4 sets (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge) and every booklet is published in English and Hindi. The candidates have to decide the preferred language during the application form submission and once the choice made, it can’t be changed.
AIIMS 2017 Syllabus
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBS entrance test 2018 is primarily for class 11th and 12th and the syllabus is set as per the class 12 syllabus in addition to the class 11 syllabus. Let’s check out the syllabus in detail.
Syllabus for AIIMS entrance exam
Students have to study a vast syllabus for AIIMS entrance exam. The syllabus includes topics from Class 11 and Class 12 and aspirants who are looking for preparation in an efficient manner can choose AIIMS entrance exam coaching. Students do need a lot of guidance and support from AIIMS medical coaching and that is necessary for being successful in the entrance exam. When it comes to preparing for General Knowledge, students have to read newspapers every day and focus on current affairs.
|1.||Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|3.||Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4.||Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5.||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|7.||Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|8.||Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|9.||Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|10.||Oscillations and Waves|
|1.||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2.||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3.||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4.||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|5.||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|6.||Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7.||Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|8.||Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|10.||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11.||Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|12.||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13.||Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|16.||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|1.||Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|2.||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|3.||Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4.||Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5.||Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
General Knowledge to prepare for AIIMS 2018- Result 24 Jobs
|5.||Awards and prizes|
|7.||People in Top positions in big companies|
|8.||Books and Authors|
|9.||History and Geography|
|10.||Major corporate events|
AIIMS Paper Analysis
Did you know that the AIIMS entrance exam paper in 2017 was a lot tougher than the previous years’ papers, with Physics being the toughest of all? So, let’s take a look at the number of questions from each topic of all three subjects.
Physics was the toughest of the three subjects. The question paper included both numerical and theoretical questions, which are both time-consuming and tricky.
Number of Questions
|Properties of Matter||2|
|Oscillation and Waves||5|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||3|
|Electricity and Magnetism||15|
Chemistry was comparatively less tough and had some theoretical questions.
Number of Questions
|Basic Concepts of General Chemistry||2|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life||1|
|Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics||1|
|States of Matter||3|
|Chemical and Ionic||6|
|Chemistry of Representative Elements||13|
|Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry||5|
|Coordination Chemistry and Organo-Metallic||1|
|Stereochemistry and Isomerism||1|
|Biomolecules and Biological Processes||1|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||1|
|Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen||7|
|Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding||2|
Biology paper was quite easy in comparison to both Physics and Chemistry and most questions were direct.
Number of Questions
|Structural Organization in Animal Tissue||3|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||7|
|Plant Morphology and Anatomy||2|
Study Material To prepare for AIIMS 2018
The key to succeeding in the Competition is to read selectively good books thoroughly instead of referring to too many books. However, remember that the secret to cracking AIIMS lies with NCERT. Be thorough with NCERT, and you’ll be quite thorough with maximum part of the paper. However, for your sake, here is a list of books that you can refer to besides NCERTs –
- CBSE PMT by P. Aggarwal (set of 3 Volumes)
- HC Verma (Volume 2)
- Trueman’s Biology (Volume 1 and 2)
- AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
- MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (magazine)
- ABC Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry: Arihant Publications, Morrison Boyd
- Physical Chemistry: Peter Atkins and Julio de Paul
- A New Pattern Textbook of Inorganic Chemistry for Competitions by O P Tandon
- Objective NCERT at your fingertips Chemistry by MTG
These were just some books. For a more detailed look at the best books to prepare for AIIMS 2018.
Study Plan for AIIMS 2018
- There are 20 questions based on general knowledge in AIIMS exam. For solving these, you can read newspapers and watch news every day for an hour to have the best idea of the latest events happening in order to get along with the General Knowledge part in the AIIMS 2018 exam. Other most recommended GK books for AIIMS 2018 include General Knowledge Today and CSR magazines.
- Begin with procuring the precise syllabus, study material and exam details. This forms the basis of your studies over the next two years.
- Being a class XI student, you have the opportunity to streamline your preparations quite efficiently. Focus on the concepts right from the start and prepare notes simultaneously that will come handy during revisions.
- Utilize the time to understand the concepts through NCERTs. Prepare flashcards for formulae and equations for Physics and Chemistry while make diagrams and flowcharts to understand Biology concepts. These methods help you immensely while memorizing lengthy concepts.
- Once thorough with the concept, devote time to practice and problem-solving. Practice as many sample papers as possible within the specified time to measure your knowledge and pace - Result 24 Jobs
Problem wise suggestions for AIIMS Entrance examination